Monday, July 12, 2010

27th June 2010

It's been a week since I came to Kolej Mara Banting. There are few surprises no doubt about it. Things I could have not have guessed. All in all, it is to me seems to be a place where great people are born.

I would be lying if I say I do not miss home because it is the first thing that I would think about everyday for the past five days. How I loved to be in my room right now or spending time in the kitchen eating leftovers. Though sooner or later I did know I have to leave it behind.

There were lots of stories about how life in KMB is going to be like. The difficulties, the hardship you have to endure in order to gain your IB diploma. It is a process of learning, you have to see it for yourselves. Do not be scared because you would never know how hard it is until you go through it yourselves.

From what I heard, IB prepares you for a hectic life as a university student. You learn how to balance the tasks given, manage your time well. Apart from that, you will learn how to lend a hand to others through various charity groups in KMB. There were seniors who went to Cambodia to do charity recently. They contributed in their own ways and KMB helps you to do that to many other people around the world, those who needs help. It has been one of my dreams to do charity and join these people in making their lives better. I hope I will get a chance to do that too just like the seniors.

Last Friday, a number of ex-students of KMB came here. When they told us where they are studying places like Cork University, Trinity College of Dublin and RCSI (Royal College of Surgeon, Ireland) I was so overwhelmed with excitement. I wish I could go there after IB, InsyaAllah. They really lifted my spirits, to become one of them. Their experiences as a medical students gave us hope and for me, gave me encouragement to really give my best in IB. If people says it hard, prove to them you can do it. If it so damn hard, do you ever wonder how there are people who made their way through this tough program and got a chance of their lifetime to continues their degree overseas? InsyaAllah, it is always possible to be one of the greatest. You have to TRY YOUR HARDEST. We are limited, but we can push back the border of our limitation.

I pray to always be in the right path and for Allah to guide me and make me a strong person so that I can continue my study here in KMB. For both of my parents, your strengths and words of encouragement made I loved you even more

No comments:

Post a Comment