Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Once a friend, always a friend

This post is dedicated especially to a friend whom I did not have a chance to know him well enough. 


At 10pm when I was about to perform my Isya' prayer, a friend told me a shocking news of another friend of ours who suddenly was admitted to hospital. because of brain tumour. i was startled.
After the prayer, I asked more details on him. He was our ex-schoolmate and an engine student here in KMB. He was complaining of a severe migraine during the last two days of school. But then it got worst and he was sent to HKL. That was as far as the news goes.
That night, when i opened my facebook account, i saw friends of ours, ex-Taipings and KMB-ians all posting about his conditions and asked everyone for their prayer. At the same time, a friend skyped me asking if I want to pay a visit at HKL to see his condition. I agreed. Never had I thought i wouldn't have the chance to meet him one last time. 
I slept early that night. At 5 am, i saw a message in my phone. It was from Emma. She told me that the friend has passed away last night at 2.50 am. ... 
...
...
...
...
I don't know how to react. numb.speechless, as I laid on my bed emotionless for a minute. Suddenly, it started to make sense. I was scared.


I got up and went upstairs for Subuh. I saw my friends. I don't know what to say. I went and stood next to the Imam. After giving salam, doa follows. I turned to my friend whom I was speaking to last night, who told me the news that our friend was admitted to hospital, and I cried. I couldn't stop. I walked back to my room and read my favourite surah..
I was ok again. 
Then came an announcement for those who want to read Yassin at the surau for our dear friend. I went. Then I got ready for class but somehow I felt that I need to call my mum first.
All the tears came pouring out again. This time, i couldn't stop firing question at my ummi as i fought back the tears. "why does it have to be him?" "why did he have to go? he's only 19" and so on. I couldn't control myself. Thank God I was alone at that time. 


I was taught one precious lesson from all of this. Before this, I know that life is short but I didn't value it. I didn't value the chance Allah has given me with days that are coming. 
Only the day before all of this happened , we tadabur surah An-Asr. Demi Masa.
Just thinking about the short time he has to seek forgiveness kept me thinking about my time that I have spent here in this world...
Dear Ihsan, I pray for u always. I pray that Allah takes good care of you. 
For all of us that are still breathing this air we'r borrowing from Allah, never forget that there's always a possibility of not waking up the next day. So, everything we do, lets do it for Allah.


Al-fatihah

No comments:

Post a Comment