Friday, June 10, 2011

I bought myself a present

ngahaha...dis is wat happens to someone who don't usually have ppl buying her stuff (and thank God for that)

well, technically I used my dad's money :) maseh abah. the rm20 note just flung out of his wallet (and dat don't usually happen, I can tell ya) and he said , "nah, kamu beli cpt sikit." I was slightly taken aback by the abrupt action but thanks again, dad. InsyaAllah, if you are doing something for a good cause, Allah will make it easy for you :)

And is it for a good cause? InsyaAllah...Manusia nie, selain drpd makan scr fizikal, hati nurani die pun kena mkn jgk. Suapkn hati kecil kita nie dgn alunan ayat2 Allah, zikr & munajat dan segala benda yang baik. Pernah dgr x hadis

Rasulullah SAW bersabda bermaksud: "Ketahuilah dalam jasad manusia ada seketul daging, jika ia baik maka baiklah jasad itu dan jika ia rosak maka rosaklah jasad itu, itulah yang dinamakan hati." (Hadis riwayat al-Bukhari dan Muslim)

So, the present I was talking about is a book. And its not just any book, its a novel. Now, here you may think how on Earth can a novel boleh merawat hati yang sentiasa kejauhan dari Penciptanya. Well, lets give a round of applause for HLOVATE. When I first saw the front cover of VERSUS (the author's first first book I think), I'd never thought the content was like it is. But then after hearing my friends talking about it and how good the storyline was, I'd decided to give it a try. and let me tell you, it was worth it Alhamdulillah! Story dia mmg suit dgn remaja cm kita yg sedang mencari Allah dan pengisian rohani nie. memang mantap la Hlovate. its not just any boring lovey dovey stuff but compact dgn ilmu.
However, I didn't buy VERSUS though I'm still searching for any bookstore that has discounts on all Hlovate's books. O yeah, saya pun dah jatuh hati dengan karya beliau so I brought the latest one 'CONTENGAN JALANAN' ngehehe...
At first, I was going to read it right after I arrived home but then, looking at the piles of homework waiting to be done, it was almost impossible. Straining myself from tearing off the plastic cover of the book, I thought of keeping it nicely with its cover on until my birthday :)
A present from Nabila to Nabila. Yeah well, maybe some of you thinks it's sad and all that, but how often do you buy yourself a gift, right? Think of it as a token of appreciation to yourself for being you and insyaAllah for being a BETTER you.

Ni nak rewind back sikit to my past ...
This was during my year in Taiping. Someone msgd me and asked, "dah ade dh ke THE GIFT, yg cecelia ahern tu?" yep, that time I was sooo into Cecelia Ahern. best kot buku die. anyway, I said, "nope but I'd love to buy it." especially the one I saw in Popular, siap dengan ribbon lg kt buku tu, literally 'the gift'. Then, dia tu ckp, 'xpyh beli. nak bg nie.' I was like, fuyoo! tak pernah2 org nk bagi free2 je buku yg ak minat as a present. unbelievable laa jgk msa tu. Punya la dok terbayang, cmne la org nie nk bagi kat aku. dlm kotak ke, balut ke..smpai ke sekecik2 detail ngehehe..ye la, first time dapat hadiah dr dia tu.
but wait, the funny thing was I'd never got the present :) That person tiba2 had to move school so bila masuk taun baru, dia dh xde. Ad problem kot so, apakan daya. Kawan xsempat bg. smpai sekarang xde contact ngn dia. Anyway, as for the book, it was hard for me to forget about it and during my holiday after spm (imagine one year after org nk bagi buku tu tp xterbg) I bought 'The Gift' myself. hihihi..

I think when you buy yourself a book, you'll appreciate it more because until now, xde kedut2 pun kt buku tu :) tp, kalau org belikn or hadiahkn, pun kita akn appreciate jgk en. no matter how you got the book, as long as you don't waste the valuable lessons in the story then it was certainly worth it reading the book.

2 comments:

  1. waaa...nk contengan jalanan jugak...btw, versus ak dh hancur sbb bwk naik flight hari tu :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. lorh ye ke...sorry ye athee! tp thnx sgt2 bg ak pinjam ..sgt best

    ReplyDelete